Reel Injun, executive produced by Christina Fon and Catherine Bainbridge (both NSI Global Marketing), screens across Canada over the next couple weeks.
Christina and Catherine first took Reel Injun through the NSI Global Marketing program. It was an official selection at the 2009 Toronto International Film Festival and was the opening film of the 2009 ImagineNATIVE Festival.
Reel Injun takes an entertaining and insightful look at the Hollywood Indian, exploring the portrayal of North American Natives through the history of cinema. The film features Clint Eastwood, Graham Greene, Adam Beach and Russell Means.
- April 21, The Capitol Theatre in Port Alberni, BC
- April 21, The Victoria Event Centre in Victoria, BC as part of the Open Cinema Season Seven finale and fundraiser
- April 21 and April 22, Grande Cinema 7 in Toronto, ON as part of Sprockets: The Toronto International Film Festival For Children
- April 22, Empire Theatre in Halifax, NS as part of the ViewFinders International Film Fest
- May 1, The Galaxy Theatre in Collingwood, ON
- May 5, The Princess Twin in Waterloo, ON
- May 12 and May 13, The ByTowne Cinema in Ottawa, ON
Got alumni news?
Keep the story going and donate today
At NSI, we’re passionate about nurturing storytellers because stories connect us all.
Please consider a donation to support our talented students as part of your charitable giving. Big or small, your gift will provide value-added essentials that enhance their training experience.
Tax receipts are issued for all gifts. Thank you for considering a donation.