Congratulations to the 21 NSI grads with films at this year’s Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF).
- Fire Song from Adam Garnet Jones (Featuring Aboriginal Stories Program, NSI Storytellers) and Laura Milliken (Featuring Aboriginal Stories Program). NSI nominated Fire Song for the Telefilm Canada Micro-Budget Production Program in 2014.
- The Forbidden Room from Jean Du Toit (NSI Global Marketing) and Liz Jarvis (NSI Features First)
- The Devout from Daniel Hogg (NSI Drama Prize)
- Clouds of Autumn from Jennifer Podemski (NSI Global Marketing)
- Kokom from Kevin Papatie (Featuring Aboriginal Stories Program)
- 4 Quarters from Ashley McKenzie and Nelson MacDonald (both NSI Drama Prize)
- Winter Hymns from Dusty Mancinelli and Harry Cherniak (both NSI Features First)
- The Sandwich Nazi from Calum MacLeod (NSI Drama Prize)
- The Sound of Trees (Le Bruit des arbres) from Ziad Touma (NSI Totally Television)
- Debris from John Bolton (NSI Drama Prize, NSI Totally Television)
- Rebel (Bihttoš) from Danis Goulet (NSI Drama Prize)
The festival runs from September 24 to October 9.
If we missed your film, let us know!
Got alumni news?
Keep the story going and donate today
At NSI, we’re passionate about nurturing storytellers because stories connect us all.
Please consider a donation to support our talented students as part of your charitable giving. Big or small, your gift will provide value-added essentials that enhance their training experience.
Tax receipts are issued for all gifts. Thank you for considering a donation.