Congratulations to the NSI grads with films at this year’s Atlantic Film Festival (AFF).
- Maudie from producer Mary Sexton (NSI Features First)
- Weirdos from producer Marc Almon (NSI Drama Prize)
- Werewolf from director/producer Ashley McKenzie and producer Nelson MacDonald (both NSI Drama Prize). NSI nominated Werewolf for the Telefilm Canada Micro-Budget Production Program in 2015.
- Two Lovers and a Bear from supervising producer Daniel Bekerman (NSI Features First)
- Head Space from producer Kimberlee McTaggart (NSI Drama Prize)
- Ingrid and the Black Hole from writer/director Leah Johnston (NSI Drama Prize)
- Throw Rock from director Jay Dahl (NSI Drama Prize)
- Away from Everywhere and Hand.Line.Cod. from director Justin Simms (NSI Drama Prize)
- Flash Mob Funeral from director Walter Forsyth (NSI Totally Television)
- Gnomedizzle from producer André Pettigrew (NSI Drama Prize)
- Occupied from director Iain MacLeod (NSI Totally Television, NSI Features First)
- Bill’s Landscape and Exorcism Services from director Angus Swantee (NSI Drama Prize)
- Age of Reason from writer/director Lisa Rose Snow and producer Lora Campbell (both NSI Drama Prize)
- Tell Me from director Shandi Mitchell (NSI Features First, NSI Drama Prize)
- The Millennial Dream from executive producer Greg Hemmings (NSI Global Marketing)
- The Big Crunch from writer/director/producer Dusty Mancinelli and producer Harry Cherniak (NSI Features First)
- That Mennonite Joke from director Orlando Braun (NSI Business for Producers)
- A Bicycle Lesson from producer Lauren Corber (NSI Totally Television)
The festival runs in Halifax from September 15 to 22. See the full film list.
If we missed your film, let us know!
Got alumni news?
Keep the story going and donate today
At NSI, we’re passionate about nurturing storytellers because stories connect us all.
Please consider a donation to support our talented students as part of your charitable giving. Big or small, your gift will provide value-added essentials that enhance their training experience.
Tax receipts are issued for all gifts. Thank you for considering a donation.