Short films made through NSI training programs
- NSI IndigiDocs short Leave It On The Water (pictured) from director Steve Sxwithul’txw and producer Michele Mundy
- NSI IndigiDocs short Nosisim (My Grandchild) from director Sonya Ballantyne and producer Sage
- NSI IndigiDocs short Cedar Tree of Life from director Odessa Shuquaya and producer April Johnson
- NSI IndigiDocs short Lost Moccasin from director Roger Boyer and producer Darcy Waite
- CBC New Indigenous Voices short You Will Go Home from director Rhonda Lucy with Damian Frazee and Cynthia Murdock
Also screening at the festival
- A Little Visit from director Micheal Auger (NSI IndigiDocs)
- Biidaaban (The Dawn Comes) from writer/director/producer Amanda Strong (NSI IndigiDocs)
- Colour of Scar Tissue from producer Darcy Waite (CBC New Indigenous Voices, NSI IndigiDocs)
- FAST HORSE from director Alexandra Lazarowich (NSI IndigiDocs)
- Laundry Day from director JJ Neepin (NSI IndigiDocs) and producer Justina Neepin (CBC New Indigenous Voices, NSI IndigiDocs)
- Looking At Edward Curtis from director Marie Clements (Featuring Aboriginal Stories Program, NSI Storytellers)
- My Boy from director Sage (CBC New Indigenous Voices, NSI IndigiDocs)
- Out of Nothing from director Alexandra Lazarowich
- Run As One: The Journey of the Front Runners from director Erica Daniels (CBC New Indigenous Voices)
- Make Me from director Janet Rogers (NSI IndigiDocs)
- Moa Ma Le Pinko (Chicken and Bingo) from director Courtney Montour (NSI IndigiDocs) and producer Pauline Clague (Aboriginal Cultural Trade Initiative)
The fest also features an event with Tasha Hubbard (NSI IndigiDocs), entitled Life & Death in the Prairies. This conversation between Tasha and moderator Jon Montes of the NFB will investigate the effects of Indigenous screen-based work dealing with traumatic and emotional subject matter and how ethical and self-care requirements are part of the storytelling process.
Did we miss your film? Let us know!
Got alumni news?
Keep the story going and donate today
At NSI, we’re passionate about nurturing storytellers because stories connect us all.
Please consider a donation to support our talented students as part of your charitable giving. Big or small, your gift will provide value-added essentials that enhance their training experience.
Tax receipts are issued for all gifts. Thank you for considering a donation.