Six films from NSI grads, including one made through NSI IndigiDocs, screen at this year’s Māoriland Film Festival.
The fest takes place March 20 to 24 in Ōtaki, New Zealand.
- NSI IndigiDocs short Leave it on the Water from director Steve Sxwithul’txw and producer Michele Mundy – Whānau Shorts program
- Biidaaban: First Light from director Lisa Jackson (Featuring Aboriginal Stories Program) – M.A.T.C.H & Virtual Reality showcase
- Run As One – The Journey of the Front Runners from director Erica Daniels (CBC New Indigenous Voices) – screens with feature Haka Puai Te Kainga (Eating Up Easter)
- Biidaaban: The dawn comes from writer/director/producer Amanda Strong (NSI IndigiDocs) – Kauae Raro Shorts program
- Out of Nothing from co-director Alex Lazarowich (NSI IndigiDocs) – Kauae Raro Shorts program
- Fast Horse from director Alex Lazarowch – Whakapapa Shorts program
Got alumni news?
Keep the story going and donate today
At NSI, we’re passionate about nurturing storytellers because stories connect us all.
Please consider a donation to support our talented students as part of your charitable giving. Big or small, your gift will provide value-added essentials that enhance their training experience.
Tax receipts are issued for all gifts. Thank you for considering a donation.