Congratulations to the NSI grads who won 2019 Alberta Media Production Industries Association (AMPIA) Rosie awards on Saturday, April 27 in Edmonton.
Best dramatic feature
- #Roxy from producers Camille Beaudoin (NSI Totally Television, NSI Features First) and Eric Rebalkin (NSI Business for Producers)
Best web series, fiction
- STORYHIVE 100K series Abracadavers (pictured) from project lead Morgan Ermter
Best web series, non-fiction
- STORYHIVE web series How to Learn Anything from project lead Lindsay Robinson
Best non-fiction short
- Fast Horse from director Alexandra Lazarowich (NSI IndigiDocs)
Best director (drama under 30 minutes)
- Gordie Haakstad for STORYHIVE project Aeternitas
Best screenwriter (drama under 30 minutes)
- Randy Brososky for episode “Soul Purpose” of STORYHIVE series Necessary Evil
Best screenwriter (non-fiction under 30 minutes)
- Frederick Kroetsch (NSI Business for Producers) for Queen of the Oil Patch episode “Publicity Whirl!”
Abracadavers also won best original music score (drama over 30 minutes).
Got alumni news?
Keep the story going and donate today
At NSI, we’re passionate about nurturing storytellers because stories connect us all.
Please consider a donation to support our talented students as part of your charitable giving. Big or small, your gift will provide value-added essentials that enhance their training experience.
Tax receipts are issued for all gifts. Thank you for considering a donation.