Lots of films made through NSI programs and from NSI graduates will screen at this year’s Gimli Film Festival, held July 24 to 28, 2019.
- Daniel Prociev, His 142nd from director Jeff Eyamie (NSI Totally Television)
- NSI IndigiDocs short When the Children Left from director Charlene Moore and producer Ryan Cooper (both also CBC New Indigenous Voices)
- nîpawistamâsowin: We Will Stand Up from writer/director/producer Tasha Hubbard (NSI IndigiDocs)
- Into Invisible Light from writer/director Shelagh Carter (NSI Drama Prize)
- CBC New Indigenous Voices short Nappy Hair & Eagle Feather from director Adeline Bird with Diandre Thomas-Hart and Daniel Bear
- Nap Time from director Justina Neepin (CBC New Indigenous Voices, NSI IndigiDocs)
- Never Trust a Stiff from director Roger Boyer (CBC New Indigenous Voices, NSI IndigiDocs, NSI Storytellers)
- Becoming from director Charlene Moore
- Fright, Scare, Subscribe from director Cody Blacksmith (CBC New Indigenous Voices)
- No Luck Required from director Amanda Kindzierski (CBC New Indigenous Voices, NSI IndigiDocs)
Festival tickets and passes are on sale now.
Keep the story going and donate today
At NSI, we’re passionate about nurturing storytellers because stories connect us all.
Please consider a donation to support our talented students as part of your charitable giving. Big or small, your gift will provide value-added essentials that enhance their training experience.
Tax receipts are issued for all gifts. Thank you for considering a donation.