For the second year in a row, an NSI IndigiDocs film celebrates its world premiere at Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival.
The festival recently announced their full film lineup featuring a number of works from NSI alumni including êmîcêtôcêt: Many Bloodlines (pictured) made by director Theola Ross and producer Alex Bailey through the NSI IndigiDocs training program.
As you likely already know, due to COVID-19, Hot Docs has been postponed while the fest explores the best way to bring this year’s selected films to its audiences.
In the meantime, the fest announced the film lineup as a way to share their excitement for the chosen films, and honour the vision, hard work, and dedication of the filmmakers. Films from NSI alumni in this prestigious group are:
- Stateless by producer Jennifer Holness (NSI Drama Prize, Telefilm – Canada Spark Plug Program, NSI Global Marketing), executive producer Sudz Sutherland (NSI Totally Television)
- Bangla Surf Girls by producer Lalita Krishna (NSI Global Marketing)
- NSI IndigiDocs film êmîcêtôcêt: Many Bloodlines by director Theola Ross and producer Alex Bailey
- FANNY: The Right to Rock by executive producer Catherine Bainbridge (NSI Global Marketing)
- The Forbidden Reel by producer Kat Baulu (NSI Drama Prize)
- Performing Lives including work by Lisa Jackson (Featuring Aboriginal Stories Program)
If we missed your film, let us know!
On Thursday nights starting April 16 you can watch Hot Docs at Home on CBC, a multiplatform festival-at-home experience providing front-row access to titles from this year’s fest.
A selection of exclusive first-run feature documentaries that would have debuted at the festival will now premiere free on CBC Gem and documentary Channel. CBC will also partner with Hot Docs to expand the at-home audience experience with interactive, live-streamed Q&As with filmmakers and other original digital content at CBC Docs.
Keep the story going and donate today
At NSI, we’re passionate about nurturing storytellers because stories connect us all.
Please consider a donation to support our talented students as part of your charitable giving. Big or small, your gift will provide value-added essentials that enhance their training experience.
Tax receipts are issued for all gifts. Thank you for considering a donation.