Do you want to empower local storytellers to tell impactful stories and join a creative and dedicated team?
TELUS is looking to fill a full-time supervising producer role in their Original Content stream. The successful candidate will have a key role with a leading team that is passionate about storytelling. Your contribution will enable TELUS to better support filmmakers through your experience and ability to apply critical thinking throughout the process. This role will allow you to create engaging content you love and will connect you with audiences across the country.
TELUS Originals are high-quality documentaries that reflect the kaleidoscopic Canadian experience, and exemplify TELUS’ social purpose values into an ever-widening community.
- Known for your support of Indigenous storytellers, Indigenous stories and Indigenous narrative sovereignty
- Culturally mindful when working with filmmakers of colour and Indigenous communities
- Five+ years of relevant work experience or equivalent in television/film producing
- Noted as a creative self-starter with very strong interpersonal, communication, presentation and time-management skills
- An ability to bring your unique creative vision and inspiration to the TELUS Originals team, especially your expertise supporting Indigenous storytellers, Indigenous stories and Indigenous narrative sovereignty
- Demonstrated ability to provide creative feedback to develop and produce engaging stories
- Post-secondary certificate, diploma, undergraduate degree or relevant experience preferably in media, journalism, broadcast television and/or video production
- Ability to work effectively with various levels of management and cross-functional teams
Read the full job description and apply by October 31, 2020.