Alumni are starting important conversations about the industry at the Whistler Film Festival (WFF) Content Summit.
The WFF Content Summit aims to create an inclusive environment for industry professionals to network and advance their careers. Guest speakers and workshops will take place over the course of the festival covering topics like finance, marketing, distribution and gender.
- Trish Dolman (NSI Features First) is participating in Mind the Gap – Many Paths to Financing. This workshop aims to answer questions about how to get a project financed and help you learn about maximizing your potential with investors.
- Tracey Deer (NSI Storytellers, Featuring Aboriginal Stories Program) and Alex Lazarowich (NSI IndigiDocs) are panelists on The Changemakers – The Indigenous New Wave. They will speak about their work in film and the importance of amplifying the voices of Indigenous storytellers.
- Sonja Bennett (TELUS Optik™ Local) will be part of Behind Closed Doors – Inside the Writers’ Room. Sonja will share her insights on the future of writing teams over Zoom and in person.
- Danishka Esterhazy (NSI Drama Prize, NSI Features First) and Karen Lam (NSI Drama Prize, NSI Totally Television) are panelists on Horror People are the Nicest People. This panel will discuss the horror genre and how these filmmakers are pushing the boundaries.
- Deb Day (NSI Global Marketing) will moderate The Futurists – Using Analytics and Data to Stay Ahead of the Curve. The panel will discuss data analytics and how you can use it to get your project in front of the viewers you need to engage.
WFF runs from December 1 to 20 online. The Content Summit will run virtually throughout the festival. For more information about tickets and times, head to the WFF website.
Got alumni news?
Keep the story going and donate today
At NSI, we’re passionate about nurturing storytellers because stories connect us all.
Please consider a donation to support our talented students as part of your charitable giving. Big or small, your gift will provide value-added essentials that enhance their training experience.
Tax receipts are issued for all gifts. Thank you for considering a donation.