Join a team that is committed to the sustainability and production of Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) content in the film and television industries.
The Racial Equity Media Collective (REMC) is currently seeking a managing director to support and lead its rapidly growing organization. This is a six-month contract starting as soon as December 20, 2020 with the possibility for renewal.
REMC is a federally incorporated non-profit organization committed to equity in the film and television industries in Canada. Fueled by research and rooted in community engagement, they work to support creators who identify as Black, Indigenous and People of Colour.
REMC’s head office is in Toronto, but they welcome applicants from across the country.
- Five+ years of experience in the film and television industry
- A developed understanding of anti-racism and anti-oppression frameworks
- Ability to build and foster relationships with community members, industry leaders and stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in grant writing
- Knowledge of data driven research and policy reform practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage a number of deadlines simultaneously
- Technical aptitude in software/applications like Google Suite, Excel, Word, design software like Canva, Mailchimp, Adobe, website management platforms like Squarespace
- Communications experience and comfort managing social media accounts
Read the full job description and apply by December 16, 2020.