Mentors pictured: (top row from left) Alexandra Finlay, Avi Federgreen, Sherry White, Daniel Bekerman, Christine Falco; (second row) Andrew Rosen, Tara Woodbury, Charles Clément, Christina Fon, Graham Ludlow; (third row) Alex Lazarowich, Andrew Williamson, Carrie Mudd, Shaleen Sangha, Nathalie Younglai; (bottom row) David Miller, Christina Jennings, Paul-E. Audet, Jessalyn Dennis, Scott Lepp
In October 2020, the National Screen Institute welcomed 21 participants to NSI Business for Producers – a distance learning and mentorship program designed to help emerging producers nurture creative ideas while navigating the logistics and legalities of screen-based storytelling in a COVID-19 environment. Read more about this year’s participants.
Following six weeks of online workshop sessions, participants recently entered the mentoring phase of training. NSI staff worked with students to match them and their unique needs to industry experts who can work one-on-one to develop their skills and projects.
NSI is proud to announce the following mentors who are currently dedicating their time and expertise to the program. They represent some of the best in the film and television industries from across the country, and students have unprecedented access to them throughout this second phase of training.
- Paul-E. Audet – Item 7 (mentee: Alex Duong)
- Daniel Bekerman – Scythia Films (A.J. Demers)
- Charles Clément – Media RendezVous (Jacob Pratt)
- Jessalyn Dennis – Seven24 Films (Bram Timmer)
- Christine Falco – Les Films Camera Oscura (Hedyeh Bozorgzadeh)
- Avi Federgreen – Federgreen Entertainment & Indiecan Entertainment (Alex Sangha)
- Christina Fon – Rezolution Pictures (Richard Agecoutay and Carla Robinson)
- Alex Lazarowich (Priyanka Desai)
- Scott Lepp – Prairie Dog Film + Television (Seth Williams)
- David Miller – A71 Productions (Flore de Bayser)
- Carrie Mudd – Peacock Alley Entertainment (Andrea Feltrin and Jen Viens)
- Andrew Rosen – Aircraft Pictures (Ervin Chartrand)
- Shaleen Sangha – Boat Rocker Media (Stuart Matheson)
- Sherry White (Jason Arsenault)
- Andrew Williamson – Cedar Island Films (Carmen Forsberg)
- Tara Woodbury – Sphere Media (Kate Fenton)
- Nathalie Younglai (Fonna Seidu)
Daniel Bekerman, Christine Falco, Christina Fon, Alex Lazarowich and Scott Lepp are NSI alumni.
• • •
NSI Business for Producers is funded by Program Partner Canada Media Fund (CMF); Strategic Sponsors Telefilm Canada and The Winnipeg Foundation; Supporting Sponsors Corus Entertainment and Super Channel; Industry Consultants Executive Education Centre, Asper School of Business, Facilitated Solutions and People First HR Services. NSI Core Funders are Manitoba Sport, Culture & Heritage and the City of Winnipeg through the Winnipeg Arts Council.