Congratulations to the National Screen Institute alumni whose films will stream online at this year’s Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival.
The 2021 Hot Docs festival streams from April 29 to May 9. Tickets are on sale now.
- Dead Man’s Switch: A Crypto Mystery – written, directed and produced by Sheona McDonald (NSI Global Marketing)
- FANNY: The Right to Rock – executive produced by Catherine Bainbridge (NSI Global Marketing)
- Into Light – written and directed by Sheona McDonald (NSI Global Marketing), sound by Eva Madden (NSI Drama Prize)
- Kímmapiiyipitssini: The Meaning of Empathy – written, directed and produced by Elle-Máijá Tailfeathers (NSI IndigiDocs program manager), produced by Lori Lozinski (NSI Art of Business Management – Indigenous Edition program advisor)
- Mary Two-Axe Earley: I Am Indian Again – written and directed by Courtney Montour (NSI IndigiDocs), produced by Kat Baulu (NSI Drama Prize)
- One of Ours – produced by Laura Perlmutter (NSI Drama Prize)
- Spirit to Soar – consulting editor Shane Belcourt (NSI Totally Television, Featuring Aboriginal Stories Program, NSI IndigiDocs program advisor)
- Subjects of Desire – written, directed and produced by Jennifer Holness (NSI Drama Prize, Telefilm – Canada Spark Plug Program, NSI Global Marketing), produced by Sudz Sutherland (NSI Totally Television)
The 2021 Hot Docs Forum will be presented during the festival on May 4 and 5. Twenty selected projects are pitched to industry decision makers to win up to $30K in funding. These 20 projects represent 16 countries and 25 filmmakers, 20 of whom are women and 10 of whom are Black, Indigenous and People of Colour. Congratulations to director and producer, Lisa Jackson (Featuring Aboriginal Stories Program), who will pitch her film Wilfred Buck at this year’s forum.
Got alumni news?
Keep the story going and donate today
At NSI, we’re passionate about nurturing storytellers because stories connect us all.
Please consider a donation to support our talented students as part of your charitable giving. Big or small, your gift will provide value-added essentials that enhance their training experience.
Tax receipts are issued for all gifts. Thank you for considering a donation.