Congratulations to the creators behind the 11 alumni films featured at the 2021 DOXA Documentary Film Festival, streaming online from May 6 to 16. The festival will host online screenings, panel discussions, public forums, educational programs and an award ceremony.
- Dead Man’s Switch: A Crypto Mystery – written, directed and produced by Sheona McDonald (NSI Global Marketing)
- Into Light – written and directed by Sheona McDonald (NSI Global Marketing), sound by Eva Madden (NSI Drama Prize)
- Kímmapiiyipitssini: The Meaning of Empathy – written, directed and produced by Elle-Máijá Tailfeathers (NSI IndigiDocs program manager), produced by Lori Lozinski (NSI Art of Business Management – Indigenous Edition program advisor)
- FANNY: The Right to Rock – executive produced by Catherine Bainbridge (NSI Global Marketing)
- Indigenous Plant Diva – edited by Johnny Darrell (Featuring Aboriginal Stories Program)
- Kalinga (Care) – directed and produced by Kent Donguines (TELUS STORYHIVE)
- Love: The Last Chapter – produced by Karen Pickles (NSI Global Marketing)
- Nude to Me – produced by Ryan Mah (TELUS STORYHIVE)
- What About Our Future? – directed and produced by Jaime Leigh Gianopoulos (TELUS STORYHIVE)
Congratulations to the alumni who have been nominated for awards at DOXA.
Colin Low Award for Best Canadian Director
- Sheona McDonald – Dead Man’s Switch: A Crypto Mystery
- Elle-Máijá Tailfeathers – Kímmapiiyipitssini: The Meaning of Empathy
- Sean Horlor and Steve J. Adams – Someone Like Me
DOXA Short Documentary Award – Juried by Priyanka Desai (NSI Business for Producers)
- Into Light – written and directed by Sheona McDonald, sound by Eva Madden
Nigel Moore Award for Youth Programming
- Someone Like Me – directed by Sean Horlor and Steve J. Adams
- What About Our Future? – directed and produced by Jaime Leigh Gianopoulos
Got alumni news?
Keep the story going and donate today
At NSI, we’re passionate about nurturing storytellers because stories connect us all.
Please consider a donation to support our talented students as part of your charitable giving. Big or small, your gift will provide value-added essentials that enhance their training experience.
Tax receipts are issued for all gifts. Thank you for considering a donation.