Eight alumni films will screen as part of the short film program The Messenger in celebration of National Indigenous Peoples’ Day.
The Messenger, presented by the Winnipeg Film Group’s Cinematheque, Urban Shaman and imagineNATIVE, is a collection of 13 short films curated by imagineNATIVE’s Kaitlynn Tomaselli.
Tune in to watch the following films:
- Portraits of Lori Blondeau – directed by Rhayne Vermette (NSI IndigiDocs)
- Under Your Always Light – directed by Elle-Máijá Tailfeathers (NSI IndigiDocs co-manager and director advisor)
- To Do List – directed by Justina Neepin (CBC New Indigenous Voices, NSI IndigiDocs)
- Eagle Girl – directed by Sonya Ballantyne (CBC New Indigenous Voices, NSI IndigiDocs)
- êmîcêtôsêt: Many Bloodlines – developed through the NSI IndigiDocs program by Theola Ross and Alex Bailey
Cinematheque is asking viewers to pay what they can to watch the entire collection.
The collection will begin streaming at 5 p.m. PDT on June 18.
Got alumni news?
Keep the story going and donate today
At NSI, we’re passionate about nurturing storytellers because stories connect us all.
Please consider a donation to support our talented students as part of your charitable giving. Big or small, your gift will provide value-added essentials that enhance their training experience.
Tax receipts are issued for all gifts. Thank you for considering a donation.