Documentary Organization of Canada (DOC) is seeking a communications and membership coordinator for their team.
This is a full-time, permanent position supported by the Young Canada Works program. To be eligible, candidates must be between the ages of 15 and 30.
DOC is a registered not-for-profit organization. For the past 38 years, DOC has been the voice of and leading advocate for Canada’s independent documentary community. With six chapters and close to 1,100 members from coast to coast, DOC conducts vital research and advocacy work to ensure a healthy ecosystem for documentary production.
The communications and membership coordinator will:
- Manage DOC’s social media accounts and maintain a regular publishing calendar
- Create graphic assets for social media posts and newsletters
- Assist with website communications – including researching of resources relevant to DOC membership and updating / uploading content, as necessary
- Assist with drafting member communications, newsletters and surveys
- Be the first point-of-contact liaison for member and general inquiries
- Outreach to member benefits partners and potential partners
- Coordinate signups to DOC’s Festival Concierge service
- Assist with special projects as required
- Schedule meetings and conference calls
- Take minutes at meetings and board and committee meetings as required
- Prepare board and committee meeting agendas
- Update files and records in Dropbox
- Compile and send membership reports to DOC chapters across the country
Submit your resume and cover letter by June 13, 11:59 p.m., EST.