The Racial Equity Media Collective (REMC) is seeking a research and policy manager for a 12-month contract with possible renewal.
REMC is a federally incorporated non-profit organization based in Toronto committed to equity in the film and television industries in Canada. Their mission is to use evidence-based research to remove barriers to access and increase the production, export and sustainability of BIPOC content.
The research and policy manager will report to the board of directors and will be responsible for executing the organizations core programming including:
- Manage and work closely with research agencies and consultants
- Cultivate and nurture stakeholder relationships with government representatives, funders, broadcasters, unions and guilds as they pertain to policy and research work
- Lead the writing of policy briefs, reports and other public facing materials
- Manage key projects including the oversight of budgets and reporting
- Support funding applications relating to policy and research work
The compensation for this position is $80-85K commensurate with experience and is currently offered on a work-from-home basis.
REMC is based in Toronto, but welcomes applicants from across the country. The REMC has a mandate to create access and inclusion for Black, Indigenous and People of Colour. Please indicate in your application if you identify with any of these groups.