On Screen Manitoba (OSM) is seeking a workforce development liaison to join their team.
In this role, the workforce development liaison will establish and maintain collaborative relationships with industry partners to support and enhance opportunities for entrance to and career growth within the media production workforce.
- Respond to information requests regarding work in the media production industry by providing appropriate information and directing entrants to appropriate stakeholder organizations
- Seek opportunities to engage effectively with a variety of communities, organizations and institutions to meaningfully enhance the diversity of the Manitoba media production industry workforce
- Engage regularly with all components of the industry – unions and guilds and their members, production companies, training organizations, service suppliers, film commissions, film offices and non-unionized professionals – to identify gaps, communicate opportunities and enhance workforce capacity through outreach, recruitment, retention-related activities, professional development, training and other supports
- Organize bi-monthly meetings with the workforce development committee and prepare meeting minutes, research, reports and evaluations requested by the committee
- Coordinate workforce outreach and recruitment activities across Manitoba and with all industry stakeholders
- Review, update and enhance the workforce development-related content of the Get On Set Manitoba / On Tourne Manitoba website and related materials in collaboration with On Screen Manitoba’s communications team and industry stakeholders
- Coordinate the development of a workforce retention plan to support new entrants and existing professionals as their careers advance
This is a full-time, one year contract with potential for renewal.
Submit resume and letter of motivation to email@example.com by noon on Tuesday, September 7.