Congratulations to the alumni whose films will screen at Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF).
VIFF runs from October 1 to 11, featuring theatrical world premieres, online streaming and industry discussions. VIFF will also host the VIFF AMP summit from October 8 to 10, featuring keynote, panel discussions and masterclasses.
- Night Raiders – written and directed by Danis Goulet (NSI Drama Prize), executive produced by Lisa Meeches (NSI Indigenous training programs advisor and NSI Storytellers alumna) and Kyle Irving (NSI Global Marketing), associate produced by Eva Thomas (NSI Totally Television) and starring Elle-Máijá Tailfeathers (NSI IndigiDocs program manager)
- Portraits From a Fire – produced by Rylan Friday, cinematography by Kaayla Whachell (both TELUS STORYHIVE)
- The White Fortress (Tabija) – produced by Borga Dorter (NSI Totally Television)
- The Blactor – executive produced by Jem Garrard (TELUS STORYHIVE)
- chocolate – written, directed and produced by Charlene Moore (CBC New Indigenous Voices, NSI IndigiDocs)
- Evan’s Drum – produced by Kat Baulu (NSI Drama Prize)
- Hatha – produced by Lori Lozinski (NSI Art of Business Management – Indigenous Edition program advisor)
- Indigenous Dads – developed through NSI IndigiDocs by writer, director and producer Peter Brass
- Jean Swanson: We Need a New Map – produced by Lisa Jackson (Featuring Aboriginal Stories Program and associate faculty) and Lauren Grant (NSI Art of Business Management – Indigenous Edition program advisor)
- Mary Two-Axe Earley: I Am Indian Again – written and directed by Courtney Montour (NSI IndigiDocs), produced by Kat Baulu
- Militant Mother – produced by Lisa Jackson and Lauren Grant
- The Mohel – produced by Evan Kelly (NSI Drama Prize) and Gharrett Patrick Paon
- Nalujuk Night – produced by Kat Baulu
- Personals – produced by Andy Alvarez (TELUS STORYHIVE)
- Ste. Anne – written, directed and produced by Rhayne Vermette (NSI IndigiDocs)
- Things We Feel But Do Not Say – written and directed by Lauren Grant, executive produced by Lori Lozinski and produced by Ashleigh Rains (NSI Totally Television)
- Tla-o-qui-aht Dugout Canoe (ƛaʔUukʷiatḥ̣ Dugout Canoe) – developed through NSI IndigiDocs by writer, director and producer Steven Davies
Tickets to all in-person and online events are on sale now!
Got alumni news?
Keep the story going and donate today
At NSI, we’re passionate about nurturing storytellers because stories connect us all.
Please consider a donation to support our talented students as part of your charitable giving. Big or small, your gift will provide value-added essentials that enhance their training experience.
Tax receipts are issued for all gifts. Thank you for considering a donation.