Congratulations to the alumni with films at Edmonton International Film Festival (EIFF) this weekend!
EIFF runs from October 1 to 10, featuring both in-person and online events. Catch special filmmaker Q&A sessions after some of the in-person screenings. Tickets are on sale now.
- All-in Madonna – developed through NSI Features First by director Arnold Lim and writer Susie Winters, includes filmmaker Q&A on October 6
- Night Raiders – written and directed by Danis Goulet (NSI Drama Prize), executive produced by Lisa Meeches (NSI Indigenous training programs advisor and NSI Storytellers alumna) and Kyle Irving (NSI Global Marketing), associate produced by Eva Thomas (NSI Totally Television) and starring Elle-Máijá Tailfeathers (NSI IndigiDocs program manager)
- Portraits From a Fire – produced by Rylan Friday, cinematography by Kaayla Whachell (both TELUS STORYHIVE), includes filmmaker Q&A on October 1
- Subjects of Desire – written, directed and produced by Jennifer Holness (NSI Drama Prize, Telefilm – Canada Spark Plug Program, NSI Global Marketing), produced by Sudz Sutherland (NSI Totally Television)
- Wochiigii lo: End of the Peace – cinematography and executive produced by Frederick Kroetsch (NSI Business for Producers), includes filmmaker Q&A on October 4
- The Blactor – executive produced by Jem Garrard (TELUS STORYHIVE)
- Blind Ambition: The Story of Wop May – directed and produced by Frederick Kroetsch
- Dive – written, directed and produced by Stephen Baden, directed and produced by Peter Baden (both TELUS STORYHIVE)
- Eddie Goes to Space – directed by Jesse Pickett (TELUS STORYHIVE)
- Hatha – produced by Lori Lozinski (NSI Art of Business Management – Indigenous Edition program advisor)
- Into Light – written and directed by Sheona McDonald (NSI Global Marketing)
- Mary Two-Axe Earley: I Am Indian Again – written and directed by Courtney Montour (NSI IndigiDocs), produced by Kat Baulu (NSI Drama Prize)
- No Taming of Night – starring Anthony Goertz (TELUS STORYHIVE)
- Sled – produced by Derrick Johnson (TELUS STORYHIVE)
Blind Ambition: The Story of Wop May, directed and produced by NSI Business for Producers alum Frederick Kroetsch, makes its world premiere on October 3 at Landmark Cinemas 9. Get your tickets.
Got alumni news?
Keep the story going and donate today
At NSI, we’re passionate about nurturing storytellers because stories connect us all.
Please consider a donation to support our talented students as part of your charitable giving. Big or small, your gift will provide value-added essentials that enhance their training experience.
Tax receipts are issued for all gifts. Thank you for considering a donation.