Congratulations to the alumni featured at this year’s imagineNATIVE Film + Media Arts Festival!
The festival runs from October 19 to 24 featuring in-person premieres, online screenings and industry events. imagineNATIVE will also host Industry Days from October 20 to 23 with panels, workshops, masterclasses and networking opportunities. A special opening night gala presentation of Night Raiders from Danis Goulet (NSI Drama Prize) will kick off the festival.
- Beans – written and directed by Tracey Deer (NSI Storytellers, Featuring Aboriginal Stories Program)
- Kímmapiiyipitssini: The Meaning of Empathy – written, directed and produced by Elle-Máijá Tailfeathers (NSI IndigiDocs program manager), produced by Lori Lozinski (NSI Art of Business Management – Indigenous Edition program advisor)
- Night Raiders – written and directed by Danis Goulet, executive produced by Lisa Meeches (NSI Indigenous training programs advisor and NSI Storytellers alumna) and Kyle Irving (NSI Global Marketing), associate produced by Eva Thomas (NSI Totally Television) and starring Elle-Máijá Tailfeathers
- Portraits From a Fire – produced by Rylan Friday, cinematography by Kaayla Whachell (both TELUS STORYHIVE)
- Run Woman Run – written and directed by Zoe Hopkins (Featuring Aboriginal Stories Program), produced by Laura Milliken (Featuring Aboriginal Stories Program) and Paula Devonshire (NSI Features First, NSI Totally Television)
- Ste. Anne – written, directed and produced by Rhayne Vermette (NSI IndigiDocs)
- Angakusajaujuq – The Shaman’s Apprentice – produced by Nadia Mike (NSI Art of Business Management – Indigenous Edition)
- Dear Friend – directed and produced by Trevor Solway (TELUS STORYHIVE)
- Disappearing Moon – directed by Micheal Auger, produced by Petie Chalifoux (both NSI IndigiDocs)
- Evan’s Drum – produced by Kat Baulu (NSI Drama Prize)
- Flood – directed by Amanda Strong (NSI IndigiDocs)
- Gift to Give – developed through NSI IndigiDocs by writer, director, producer Erica Daniels (CBC New Indigenous Voices, Manitoba Content Creators Accelerator)
- The Gift – directed by Rachel Garrick, edited by Nadine Arpin (both NSI IndigiDocs)
- Mary Two-Axe Earley: I Am Indian Again – written and directed by Courtney Montour (NSI IndigiDocs), produced by Kat Baulu (NSI Drama Prize)
- Monologue Harmonic – produced by Janet Rogers (NSI IndigiDocs)
- Tik-A-Lee-Kick – directed by Anna Celestrya-Carr (CBC New Indigenous Voices)
- ƛaʔUukʷiatḥ̣ (Tla-o-qui-aht) Dugout Canoe – developed through NSI IndigiDocs by writer, director, producer Steven Davies
- The Battle Within – directed by Janet Rogers
- NDNs on the Airwaves Comedy Podcast – directed by Janet Rogers
- The Seven Sacred Laws – directed and co-written by Erica Daniels
- Stories Are in Our Bones – written and directed by Janine Windolph (NSI IndigiDocs)
- Filmmaking in Collaboration – featuring Rhayne Vermette, Charlene Moore (NSI IndigiDocs) and Amanda Kindzierski (CBC New Indigenous Voices, NSI IndigiDocs)
- Building Your Team: A Conversation – featuring Adeline Bird (CBC New Indigenous Voices), Jessie Anthony (NSI Art of Business Management – Indigenous Edition) and Ryan Cooper (CBC New Indigenous Voices, NSI IndigiDocs)
- iN Originals Panel – featuring the National Screen Institute as mentorship partner; with Micheal Auger and Petie Chalifoux.
Got alumni news?
Keep the story going and donate today
At NSI, we’re passionate about nurturing storytellers because stories connect us all.
Please consider a donation to support our talented students as part of your charitable giving. Big or small, your gift will provide value-added essentials that enhance their training experience.
Tax receipts are issued for all gifts. Thank you for considering a donation.