Directors Guild of Canada (DGC) – Manitoba is seeking a business agent to join their team.
DGC Manitoba is looking for an adaptable, collaborative professional to deliver timely, practical services, support DGC members and work with their national team.
Major areas of responsibility include:
Managing collective agreements
- Advise board on labour relations matters, preparing briefs, reports and other documents
- Participate in preparations for negotiation of collective agreements to balance the interests of DGC members and enhance competitiveness of Manitoba as a destination in the film and television production industry
- Interact with national staff and other business agents
DGC member representation
- Provide opinions verbally and in writing to members as required with respect to contract interpretations and statutory requirements
- Answer DGC members enquires, provide opinions and suggestions on handling complaints through established problem-solving processes
- Issue work permit applications in accordance with the requirements of the collective agreement and Guild policy
- Represent the DGC and/or members at judicial hearings and proceeding
Additional duties, projects and initiatives
- Work effectively by establishing collegial working relationships with producers and other employers
- Monitor legislative and policy changes relevant to the film and television industry
Read the complete job posting for more information.
Interested applicants should promptly forward their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail their resume to 147 Kane Ave, Winnipeg, R3J 2P1.