The Indigenous Screen Office (ISO) is now accepting applications for their new funding programs, the Story Fund and Sector Development program. ISO has also announced a new deadline for their annual fund, Netflix Indigenous Production Apprenticeships and Cultural Mentorships Grant.
The Story Fund
- Supports creators in the development and production of Indigenous-made content, as well as enhanced support for post-production, marketing and distribution
- Three streams: Development, Production and Enhancement
- Application deadlines: November 8, November 15
- Supports projects that increase Indigenous training, participation and representation in all roles across the screen sector
- Application deadline: ongoing
Netflix Indigenous Production Apprenticeships and Cultural Mentorships Grant
Provides funding to support training, professional development and culturally specific approaches for Indigenous on-screen content creators.
Two funding streams available:
- Production apprenticeships: support new opportunities for hands-on training and career progression for Indigenous creatives who want to take their careers to the next level.
- Cultural mentorships: provides opportunities for Indigenous producers, directors and writers to engage in cultural mentorship, community engagement, cultural learning and protocols work during the development and pre-development phases of their projects.
Application deadline: November 29, 2021