Congratulations to the alumni with films streaming at Yellowknife International Film Festival.
The festival runs online from November 3 to November 7, highlighting stories from across the Northwest Territories and around the world.
- Beans – written and directed by Tracey Deer (NSI Storytellers, Featuring Aboriginal Stories Program)
- Night Raiders – written and directed by Danis Goulet (NSI Drama Prize), executive produced by Lisa Meeches (NSI Indigenous training programs advisor and NSI Storytellers alumna) and Kyle Irving (NSI Global Marketing), associate produced by Eva Thomas (NSI Totally Television) and starring Elle-Máijá Tailfeathers (NSI IndigiDocs program manager)
- Not About Me – written, directed and produced by Kelly Milner (NSI Totally Television)
- Angakusajaujuq – The Shaman’s Apprentice – produced by Nadia Mike (NSI Art of Business Management – Indigenous Edition)
- Blind Ambition: The Story of Wop May – directed and produced by Frederick Kroetsch (NSI Business for Producers)
- Receiver – directed by Cavan Campbell (NSI Drama Prize)
- Tails on Ice – developed through the NSI IndigiDocs program by writer, director and producer Miranda Currie
- The Unforgotten – from filmmaker Jennifer Podemski (NSI Global Marketing, Telefilm Canada Spark Plug Program)
Got alumni news?
Keep the story going and donate today
At NSI, we’re passionate about nurturing storytellers because stories connect us all.
Please consider a donation to support our talented students as part of your charitable giving. Big or small, your gift will provide value-added essentials that enhance their training experience.
Tax receipts are issued for all gifts. Thank you for considering a donation.