The Winnipeg Film Group (WFG) is seeking an new executive director who is a positive mentor, collaborative leader, motivated and a tireless advocate for the art of independent cinema in Winnipeg and beyond.
The responsibilities of the executive director include strategic planning, financial management, human resources, operations management, policy compliance, organizational grant writing and program development. The executive director is the primary liaison between industry, funding and government partners.
The ideal candidate has:
- Demonstrated experience in successful management of not-for-profit organizations
- Understanding of the cultural and political issues relevant to the Canadian artist-run milieu and Canadian film landscape
- Practical skills in interpersonal relations, consensus building, negotiation and creative problem solving
- Comfortable overseeing multiple departments, projects and community partnerships (public and private) and excels in public communications
- Proven record of building meaningful diversity, equity and inclusion into workplace settings and dynamics, including reconciliation and anti-racism, class, disability, gender, sexuality and age equity
To apply, email your resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject “Executive Director Application.” Application deadline is November 19.