The Winnipeg Film Group is accepting applications for the Mosaic Film Fund – a production support and film mentorship program to support those from Indigenous or diverse cultural backgrounds to produce a first or second independent short film or video.
This award includes:
- $2,000 to support living expenses over a six-month production period
- $3,500 in cash to be used for production and post-production
- $2,000 in services from the Winnipeg Film Group (workshops/training, equipment, cameras, studio rental, etc.)
- One experienced woman filmmaker as project mentor for one-on-one mentorship
- A screening of their finished project at the Cinematheque and online on Cinematheque at Home
- Up to $1,000 for access support such as childcare (if applying as a primary caregiver), ASL interpretation, etc.
This program supports filmmakers who intend to work in narrative, experimental or documentary, or hybrid/cross-genre work on film or video. The award funding and timeframe would ideally support a short project three to five minutes in length.
To be eligible for this program, applicants must be women, femme or non-binary individuals over the age of 18, who self-identify as Indigenous or being of a diverse cultural background. Applicants must be emerging filmmakers based in Manitoba.
Application deadline is November 30. Learn more about how to apply.