Stills from Emergence: Out of the Shadows and Angakusajaujuq – The Shaman’s Apprentice
Congratulations to the many alumni who received funding and awards throughout November and December 2021.
Creative BC Production Program recipients
- Curl Power – produced by Lori Lozinski (NSI Art of Business Management – Indigenous Edition program advisor)
- Bones of Crows – produced and directed by Marie Clements (NSI Storytellers, Featuring Aboriginal Stories Program)
- The Art of Dance – produced by Anand Ramayya (NSI Totally Television)
- Mongrels – directed by Jerome Yoo (TELUS STORYHIVE)
- The Chinatown Diner – produced by Thomas Affolter (TELUS STORYHIVE)
- Warrior Ride – produced by Carey Newman (TELUS STOYHIVE)
Screen Nova Scotia Awards
Best Television Series
- Diggstown, Season 2 – executive produced by Floyd Kane (NSI Totally Television)
Best Documentary Film
- The Killing of Phillip Boudreau – executive produced by Edward Peill (NSI Global Marketing)
Vancouver International South Asian Film Festival
- Emergence: Out of the Shadows – produced by Alex Sangha (NSI Business for Producers)
Whistler Film Festival
Borsos Award for Best Canadian Feature Film
- Cinema of Sleep – written and directed by Jeffrey St. Jules, produced by Brendon Sawatzky (both NSI Features First)
Best Mountain Culture Film, honourable mention
- Precious Leader Woman – co-written by Elle-Máijá Tailfeathers (NSI IndigiDocs program manager), executive produced by Michael Grand, produced by Hayley Morin (both TELUS STORYHIVE)
Canadian ShortWork Award
- Angakusajaujuq – The Shaman’s Apprentice – produced by Nadia Mike (NSI Art of Business Management – Indigenous Edition)
Got alumni news?
Keep the story going and donate today
At NSI, we’re passionate about nurturing storytellers because stories connect us all.
Please consider a donation to support our talented students as part of your charitable giving. Big or small, your gift will provide value-added essentials that enhance their training experience.
Tax receipts are issued for all gifts. Thank you for considering a donation.