Are you passionate about storytelling and storytellers?
We are seeking a Black, Indigenous (or) Person of Colour (BIPOC) or individual with a disability to work as marketing coordinator at the National Screen Institute.
This position is largely funded by The Government of Canada through the Canada Summer Jobs program. To be eligible to apply, you must be aged between 15 and 30 and be legally entitled to work in Canada.
As the ideal candidate, you value equity, diversity and inclusion, and are knowledgeable about these issues. You are a supporter of the values which guide the work of the National Screen Institute, have experience working cross-culturally and are committed to serving storytellers from underrepresented communities.
The National Screen Institute has a remote work/hybrid policy which allows employees the flexibility to work remotely. In this position you will at times be required to work some hours in our downtown Winnipeg office. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated and able to provide official verification before their first day of hire.
Job title: Marketing Coordinator
Organization: National Screen Institute
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Status: Seasonal, full-time, 10 weeks with potential option to extend
Start date: on or about June 28, 2023
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Wage: $20/hr; 35 hours/week
Application deadline: June 15
Propelled by a visionary network of donors, private and public organizations, staff and board, the National Screen Institute supports diverse creators from across Canada to tell unforgettable stories. Through industry-informed training and mentoring in film, television and digital media, our students and alumni find their voice and place on the global stage, inspiring us to shape a better world.
This is a seasonal, full-time position reporting to the CEO under the supervision of the director of operations and director of partner support. The marketing coordinator will handle overall communications and outreach for the organization and individual training programs.
How to apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to ca*****@ns********.ca by noon, Central Time on June 15. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Responsibilities and duties
- Write and distribute media releases
- Write and promote other website content
- Research targeted media contacts
- Social media content creation and monitoring
- Track and log media coverage
- PowerPoint presentation creation
- Create / collaborate on graphic design and other creative projects
- Alumni and sponsor engagement
- Plan and coordinate promotion, outreach and fundraising activities
- Ensure all tasks are accomplished in accordance with stated timelines
- Post-secondary training in media, communications, public relations or similar, or two years experience in a communications position or some combination of the two.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Highly competent in the use of WordPress, Canva, MailChimp, Microsoft Office (including Teams, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Access)
- Strong administrative skills and highly organized
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to initiate and develop business relationships
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong working understanding of social media
Please note, this list is a range of responsibilities required for this job but is not all-inclusive. Tasks may be added or revised during the term.
Candidates are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the National Screen Institute via nsi-canada.ca.