Congratulations to the alumni selected for the 2021 Emerging 20 (E20) program, presented by Reelworld Screen Institute.
The selected alumni and their projects are:
- Miskiki by Benjamin Kicknosway (NSI IndigiDocs)
- The Dancing Lights by Bhaveek Makan (TELUS STORYHIVE)
- Freshly Baked by Derek Kwan (TELUS STORYHIVE)
- Strong Son by Ian Bawa (NSI Totally Television, NSI Business for Producers)
- Cookies or Crack by Joy Haskell (TELUS STORYHIVE)
- Warrior Motel by Whitney Horne (NSI IndigiDocs)
E20 is Reelworld’s initiative to connect Canada’s racially diverse emerging talent with film and television executives and professionals.
These emerging filmmakers will prepare their projects for development through industry-focused one-on-one consultations, workshops and the Reelworld Face2Face pitch program. Each participant will receive a three-month mentorship with an industry executive matched to their needs.
Project development begins on September 23 and runs until February 2022. E20 participants are also eligible to apply for Telefilm’s Talent to Watch program.
See the complete list of this year’s E20 filmmakers!