Today at 4 p.m. ET, the Canadian Film Centre (CFC) launches CFC BLOCKO!, a seven-part series and call to action piece from acclaimed creator Charles Officer (Akilla’s Escape), produced by Canesugar Mediaworks on CFC’s YouTube channel.
This short documentary series features personal conversations with six Black CFC alumni, as well as CFC founder Norman Jewison, who span generations but share a common language – speaking truth to power.
New episodes will be released every Wednesday at 4 p.m., ET until November 25 at which time the whole series will be available to watch.
Viewers are invited to subscribe to CFC’s YouTube channel to receive reminders when each new episode is released.
1) Truth to Power (Oct. 14) – with director/executive producer Clement Virgo (RUDE, The Book of Negroes, Greenleaf)
2) Holding Stakes (Oct. 21) – with producer Lea Marin (What is Democracy?, Unarmed Verses)
3) I Am the Audience (Oct. 28) – with writer/co-executive producer Shernold Edwards (A Day Late and a Dollar Short, Haven, Anne with an E)
4) Gatekeepers (Nov. 4) – with executive producer/media executive Joan Jenkinson (Songs of Freedom, Inside the Mind of Leonardo, Soul)
5) Represent (Nov. 11) – with director Dawn Wilkinson (How to Get Away with Murder, Locke & Key)
6) Nepotism (Nov. 18) – with actor Cara Ricketts (Anne with an E, Far Cry New Dawn)
7) Social Justice OG (Nov 25) – with acclaimed filmmaker and CFC founder Norman Jewison (In the Heat of the Night)